Biomass CHP station Klagenfurt Nord
The Klagenfurt Nord project was the follow-up project to the Klagenfurt Ost CHP plant, in which a similar absorption heat pump had already been installed a year earlier.
- Flue gas condensation in a biomass CHP plant (25 MW)
Commissioned January 2018
- The heat pump supplies 12 MW to the district heating network, 5 MW of which is recovered from the flue gas.
- At the same fuel consumption, the output of the combined heat and power plant is increased by approx. 20%.
Customer websites (in German language):
Brickwork Wienerberger Uttendorf
Recovery of waste heat from the brick drying process
- Commissioned June 2018
- Up to 3.8 MW heat production. 1.44 MW are recovered from the moisture-laden exhaust air from the brick drying process.
- The heat pump is driven by exhaust air from the brick kiln with a temperature of approx. 400°C.
- The expected utilisation is more than 8000 operating hours per year.
Project description by Wienerberger (in German language):
STEPSAHEAD always supplies each customer with the detailed design of the heat pump for the nominal operating point and, on request, produces characteristic diagrams for the customer’s entire operating ranges.
Simulations of the overall system with heat pump have, for example, been created for the following customers/sectors:
Biomass boilers and district heating
- Bioenergie Köflach
- Wien Energie
Waste heat utilisation:
- Paper industry
- Building materials industry
- Gas engine CHP plants